Sunday, February 8, 2015

Locked Out. Forever.

Something I've learned in the past 24 hours is the importance of keeping my cell phone in my pocket. I figured that out pretty quickly when I was running barefoot through the snow and praying that the back door wasn't as locked as the front door.  Going out to get that package on the porch when no one else was home was a very bad idea.  Especially without keys in my pocket.  It's all about being prepared.  People prepare for lots of things.  They plan on getting to work the next day by setting up the coffee maker the night before.  They pack a bag for the hospital when the baby is due.  We prepare for emergencies, and birthdays, and even car breakdowns, but how prepared are you today to die?  Oh, bet you weren't expecting that question this morning.  In a blink, life is done.  Faster than that door locked behind me, your chance to get ready for life after death is done.  Where is your heart today? What do you believe?  How have you prepared to stand before the Lord this morning?
Luke 12:16 And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. 17 He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.' 18 "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." ' 20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself ?"

No comments:

Post a Comment