Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hey, Hey, I Need To Ask You Something

Everyone prays differently. Some have a true prayer closet, others kneel, some reach up to the heavens, some are quiet. Me, I have the attention span of a toddler, so God and I have a running dialogue pretty much all day long. I am reminded of our Father's infinite patience as I chatter on like my children did when they were young. I remember when my own children were about four years old, following me everywhere, telling me long elaborate stories, and asking myriads of questions. I regret my short-tempered days when all I wanted was a moment of silence. God is not like that. In my mind's eye, I see Him kneeling down to my level, placing His hand on my shoulder, and hearing me like I have never been heard before. He is not distracted by petty things like dirty dishes or the pile of laundry. He never needs a moment to himself. My relationship with Him is what He desires. Do I always get the answer I want to the many hard questions I ask? No. Neither did my children always get an answer to those "why" questions they asked. Sometimes they just had to be content to know that I was the mom, and that I cared more than anyone else, and that the answer couldn't always be "yes". May you feel God's loving presence as you pour out your heart to Him today. 1 Thessalonians 5:16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment