Monday, July 29, 2013

Come And Thirst No More



As it poured down rain last night, I glimpsed out the dark window to the front porch. There in the glow from the lights I could see "my poor petunias". "My poor petunias" hang under the eaves, and have only managed to continue living this long due to the generosity of others. Since the "others" were away all day, I can only assume that "my poor petunias" were dry as a bone. Inches from the water cascading off the roof yet they remained dry. It was time for me to go outside, lift the plant off of the hook, and set it out in the rain. I was reminded, once again, that there are people all around me just as thirsty. Thirsting for Living Water. They can see it around them. They can feel the fine mist from a distance, but something holds them fast. Maybe it is sin, or loss, or suffering. They are waiting for someone to lift them up and carry them to the Living Water. They're so thirsty. They're so parched and wilted, and their beautiful blooms are falling to the ground around them. Who will you carry to the water today? They're waiting.

Revelation 7:17 "For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment