Thursday, January 24, 2013

Little Lesson: One Sock, Two Socks...

It's going to be a good day. I found my other wool sock, and the chocolate chip pancakes didn't burn!.....
We humans are a funny bunch, aren't we? Measuring our days based on the weight of good and bad. Seeing only the temporary. Judging life by our knee-jerk reactions to the events of the day. Would it have been a bad day if I had to wear mismatched socks? Would another baked good scraped into the trash amount to proclaiming the day a catastrophic event? I know life is hard. I know we have loss in so many ways. Death. Disease. Disappointments too big to bear. But, God is so much bigger than all of that. He's so much bigger than our circumstances, our trials, our fears, our losses. As much as we like to think life is all about us, it isn't. We are here to do whatever God has set our feet on this earth to do for Him. And we should do it, even if our socks don't match.
I'm not much of a Gaither fan, but this oldie is stuck in my head this morning: "God is bigger than all my problems, bigger than all my fears, God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see. God is bigger than all my questions, bigger than anything. God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see."

"So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment