Monday, February 4, 2013

Little Lesson: For Such A Time As This

I would post "before" and "after" pictures, except my "before" would probably look better than my "after". While I am inspired by all of you out there who have had amazing weight loss stories to post, I tend to cringe when I see those posts any more. One, because it reminds me of my many "tried and failed"s, but mostly because we women continue to base our value on our size/shape/hair color. What I have to ask myself daily is "what are you obsessing on today, and is it spiritually healthy"? Am I hearing God's voice, or am I drowning him out as I sob in front of the mirror? Am I doing what God has put me here to do, or am I afraid to go out in public because of what others might think of my appearance? Do I have time to read a few Scriptures over lunch, or am I too busy counting my carbs? Really, ladies. You are a daughter of the King. The only "before" and "after" that God cares about is the "before Him" and "after Him". Bow before Him, follow after Him, and don't ever let the devil use that vase your spirit lives in in a way that prevents you from blooming in Christ.

Esther 4:14 4 For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment